Monday, September 28, 2009

Many thanks to Denise for helping me get my Playlist posted!!! That wasn't so hard. *blush* I do think I learned something though. *nod* We will see if I remember it later when needing to add something else.

Snakes and boys. They just kinda go together. That is until you realize that the snake is poisonous! ACK!!! They found a snake in their hide out in the woods. Bad snake! So they trapped it until big brother got there to kill it and bring to momma for show and tell. Oh no, no, no. *I* don't want to see that thing. But I take a peek because I'm a good momma. The 2nd oldest boy is now taking it out to it's resting place. And I am heaving a huge sigh of relief. God has protected us once again.

Taking about protection.

I truly believe God gave me my husband. And one of his responsibilities are to protect me. But sometimes I don't like it. I got all my feelings twisted in a knot because he just doesn't understand. You see, I am working at getting back on track with healthy living...aka eating right and exercising. I wish it was natural and easy for me to do. But it's not. I have been complaining about my stumbling blocks. Although they are very real, I have chosen to stumble instead of holding on to Jesus for the strengthen to fight the temptations. So when Chris told me that I needed to make up my mind what I wanted. Well, umm, let's just say that didn't fly too well. :( Oh did I get red in the face and say some not so nice things....after the silent treatment. *blush*

I had to leave to go get the two older boys and he needed to get to the next job. He called and apologized and I said my apologies over the phone. I do appreciate those cell phones! Anyway...I had had some time to think before the call though. He really wasn't very far off. He knows me well. I was wanting to try something and he knew it wouldn't *fix* my problem. It is a *tool*...but not a *fix*.

I like fixes. He, generally, is very good at fixing. But this problem is going to have to be fixed by my loving Savior and I. I have decisions to make. No one or thing will be able to make those decisions for me. Chris is so wise. And even though protection is not always appreciated, it is necessary. Especially for a girl like me.

So my prayers are that while God picks me up, sets me gently down and brushes me off, I will decide with His wisdom to conquer my stumbling blocks. And if there are any tools that can help, that I will remember that tools are a great means to help me get to the finish line. My tools are numerous. Prayer and meditation on God's Word, the first and most important in *all* of life. My family and friend's support, which are next on my list of must haves. Then the exercise equipment, video tapes, DVD's and the possibility of the bodybugg.

Time to take the older two to guitar lessons. Until next time!

2 comments:

Denise said...

You're very welcome! :) I absolutely love the music; I'm sitting here so relaxed that I'm finding it impossible to get up and finish the dishes!

Great post. I sure understand about looking for fixes when it comes to trying to get healthy. Thanks for the reminder!

Melissa said...

Hey Renee I like your blog! I was never on xanga, so here I get to visit and see what your family is up to. Love the music too!
Melissa (from the moms and helpmeet board)