Thursday, October 15, 2009

I'm bugg-y

Chris says the only body bugs he knows about is lice or red bugs or bed bugs. Yuck! That would not be good. LOL

Ha! But ohhhhh, he is so wrong about them being the only bugs! This time. *giggle* I now have the bodybugg to prove it. ;-)

More about the bodybugg link

My sister gave me her older bodybugg. I have used my birthday money to buy the 6mos online web access. It is taking a bit to get use to it. I have high hopes that this is the tool that will help me go in the right direction. Basically, it takes readings of the calories I am burning. Then I log on and down load the information as well as log the food that I eat for the day. The goal is to burn more calories than I consume. It helped me set a 12 week goal. I am ready.

I am definitely walking more now. Being up more and being more active is good. I am having fun with this. Chris even went walking with me today! Oh how he pushed me!!! YIKES! I told him that I was leaving him home next time. LOL I am so glad he is walking with me. Here is my story:

Chris - Where do you want to walk to?
Me - That road.
Chris - That's all?
Me - Well, I usually walk to that house but your walking too fast!
*Chris keeps walking right past the road. Humph.*
Chris - What about walking to *that* house?
*He's speaking about one more house down.*
Me - I have before, but.... (I can hardly talk)
*We get to the first house and I'm ready to turn around.*
Chris - Ok, how about to that white post?
Me - Look and him and nod
*We get to the white post.*
Chris - How about to the tree?
Me - Evil eye, nod
*We get to the tree.*
Chris - I didn't say which tree, let's go to the next tree.
Me - Laughs. I just couldn't help it. It makes it hard to walk when your so winded and laughing. But I kept on.
*We get to the next tree*
Chris - How about on to the house. Not much further now.

Oh, I wanted to DIE. Have you ever been on one of those walks that was uphill both ways??? Oh! And in the snow to boot! LOL Ok...so I live in Texas where there is no snow. And there was some down hill...but I wanted to trip down it all the way. I kept telling myself to pick up my feet.

It was a hard walk, but a good walk for us both. He also said that maybe if we do this daily, I won't have such trouble on the next hike at the state park. DAILY!!!!! *jumping up and down right now* Oh, I hope so!

Chris is really encouraging me more than ever before. That feels good. But I must remember that this will get old, but with Christ, I will just keep putting one foot in front of the other. :)

2 comments:

Jessica P said...

You make me laugh Renee!!! That sounds like a walk between my husband and I when I'm not in shape... but when *I'm* in shape, I'M the one making HIM move :)

Keep it up Renee!!!

(((HUGS))) JesP

Autumn Beck said...

Hey, Renee!

Try taking a walk anywhere down here in the Hill Country! UGH! I still get sore after a family walk and we've been here since February.