Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Friends

God is so faithful. I have been praying for more friendships locally. I need them. My children need them. And God is answering my prayers. Praise Him! :)

Today we went to visit "new" friends. We've actually known these "new" friends for awhile through our homeschool group. I think busyness kept us from developing a closer relationship. I'm so glad God has opened the doors to our forming a closer bond. The children have talked non stop about them. LOL We look forward to getting to know them better.


I really miss visiting my online friends. :( It has been good to give the time I spent online back to my family. I still pray that I can visit my boards soon. I snuck on for a few minutes yesterday. Oh how I miss you gals! But I know I am not ready to join in again yet. God is still doing a work in my life. If you read this, my online friends, please continue to pray. (((hugs)))


Old friends. I feel like I really need to contact a few of them and see how they are doing. Moving to different states pulled us apart. But I am realizing that putting time into those relationships is important too. Out of sight, out of mind...this seems to be a problem that I need to overcome on more levels than one. *sigh*


For a long time I thought that I didn't need outside friendships. But I'm not sure that was completely right. I needed that time to learn not to lean too much on those friends, but on my husband and God instead. So it's been a good thing, a needed time. But I am so glad to be back to forming deeper relationships again. :)

1 comment:

Folky Dots said...

Hey Renee! Will you ever start blogging again? I have a blogger now and am blogging regularly.
Have a great day!